The Musing Manuscript of Metal

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Way of the ninja !!

The blonde haired kid with the forehead protector of Konoha glared across the table defiantly at the frightening visage of the Nine Tailed Interviewer. The young warrior clenched his teeth and managed to mutter "I DARE YOU TO..." in a manner befitting a more matured action star. He then shut his eyes and said Kagebunshin-nojutsu and replicated himself ten times over.
"Very well, worthless Genin, ... draw the pin diagram of an 8085 microprocessor !!!". All the blonde kids [completely overawed] stared open mouthed at the lone monster. And then a pathetic, demoralized look overcame all his faces. He closed his eyes, as if to escape to an alternate reality where there was no placement-hona-jutsu. And then his eyes opened, fiery red, and he shouted at the grinning monster, "I will not give up !!! NEVER !! That is my way of the ninja !"

My body, completely unaccustomed to the unholy alliance of a humid weather and a full sleeved synthetic formal shirt (albeit with a drenched vest) was protesting vociferously by making the faltering fan above seem as useless as my presence in that room. This room was chock full of other recently formalized specimens like me, who didn't seem to be enjoying their newly discovered wardrobe either. The quest for roti, kapda aur makan had begun. Most of the people there, had already faltered at the first step, and were eager to make quick amends, which in turn made them fidgety, hyperactive, introspective, etc. Me...I did what I do best: I dozed off (only slept 3 hours because of Naruto) and had a dream quickie described briefly in the 1st paragraph...the second obvious influence was z0mb1e's experience with the interview. I woke up in a state of minor panic, but I needn't have worried. I was called in over two hours later. My misery was finally put to an end a further 100 minutes later, when I saw my name protruding conspicuously in a list under the heading "NOT RECOMMENDED" ( for what?? Work? How'd they know?). I was too bloody relieved to start caring about the nature of the result.
Morals for the day:
#1 Qubex (A piece of crap that floats around in cyberspace calling itself an online exam software) certifies a college as cheat if over ninety percent of the examinees prove that it and the question bank it's hiding is obsolete)
#2 Do not do nightouts before exams/interviews watching almost a dozen episodes of Naruto

Luckily, another employer the next day thought otherwise, and after much drama (ask Steve, Prats, Kunal or Gary) and I am employed (atleast on paper) now. (I wonder what the people not selected in the interviews, did wrong? Or what I did right for that matter? ). Oh well, Episode #144, here I come!

6 Comments:

  • At 22/7/05 23:31, Blogger sriram said…

    cooooooooooooool...
    Man i was experiencin somethin of Naruto myself when i went for the HR[;)]

    gr8 post, the dream was awesome,but in the end u cn never beat the nine-tail can u???

     
  • At 24/7/05 01:22, Blogger Rahul said…

    Wow I love your rhetoric (approving) ! And remember they don't allow half-naked people to roam at workspaces. Don't behave like you just dropped from Antarctica :p

     
  • At 7/8/05 17:24, Blogger Bhavesh said…

    havent seen Naruto, but the dream looks cool!

     
  • At 19/9/05 07:24, Blogger shaan said…

    whateva now u r employyed !!! so u shall give evry1 a treat

     
  • At 10/11/05 19:07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello MeTa,

    After reading your blog "Way of the ninja !!", I believe you will find my site on Advanced Placement Exams to be very helpful.

    We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying. Make sure you give yourself every possible advantage in passing your tests ... pay us a visit now!

    Kind Regards
    Emily

     
  • At 7/2/06 04:51, Blogger Rahul said…

    ^
    |
    |
    roflol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home