The Musing Manuscript of Metal

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Of cognitive decay and its simulation

#define man "men, women & everyone else more confused"

Isn't it a glaring irony that a man's age is (supposedly) synonymous with his maturity, but his propensity to attain greater maturity is in fact, inversely related to the time he spends on this planet. I heard somewhere a long time ago, that a man's brain stops manufacturing nerve cells after reaching adulthood. Doesn't fill me with dollops of unbounded joy to know that the only part of my body which does any amount of work (yeah anything it does is work OK? ) is in an irreversible state of decay. It sure as hell affects me when I'm trying to grasp a new concept and stuff into the depths of my brain in a format that is digestible, and not excreted with complete apathy (from my brain not me! sleep over it :) )

Or is it just that I'm too disillusioned with anything and everything, too disinterested, to focus my brain, to concentrate, to think of a goal, an objective, and work towards it single-mindedly, not caring about what the results might be, just giving it all that I can muster (and probably a little more). The glory of achievement is only worth its weight in gold, when it's foundations have been forged from blood, sweat and tears. It is that bliss that I cherish; but it is a slightly difficult to attain that elusory state of Nirvana if I don't what the fuck I want to do !!! Jeez I'm pathetic!

8 Comments:

  • At 27/4/05 09:44, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A blog a day...keeps velapanti away...!!!
    Well if nerve cells of brain are not regenerated after attaining maturity, then isn't it advisable to develop slowly?But will 'mature' ppl agree to this?

     
  • At 27/4/05 09:55, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    heheh chuchu, if growing up was under my control i would still be struggling with puberty!

     
  • At 27/4/05 15:19, Blogger Rahul said…

    You belong to those who are hard to get, as in hardly seen, because despite hardly working the results are relatively more proportional to the efforts invested compared to those who have faith in hardwork :) Confused Introvert ? Read it again :p

     
  • At 28/4/05 04:01, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah Right...u wish!

     
  • At 28/4/05 08:56, Blogger Naresh said…

    dinno u had a blog be.... atleast i thot so when u made of Steve's :P

     
  • At 28/4/05 09:10, Blogger Unknown said…

    yeyyy!!! metal meltsdown to blog...

    tell me, is it out of sheer boredness or is it out of sympathy to us lesser mortals that you started this blog? :D

     
  • At 29/4/05 13:07, Blogger Unknown said…

    what does velapati mean any way?

     
  • At 1/5/05 07:39, Blogger meTaL said…

    I guess you'll have to ask him personally, r4t!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home